Participate in Small Business Saturday
Small business Saturday is the one special day you don’t want to miss during the holiday season. Wedding Expo Online is committed to support online small businesses!
Quick Small Business Saturday Facts:
-> Small Business Saturday is November 30th, 2019
-> In 2018, U.S. consumers reportedly spent a record high of an estimated $17.8 billion at restaurants and independent retailers on Small Business Saturday.
-> 96% of consumers who reported shopping on Small Business Saturday said the day makes them want to shop from small businesses all year.
– In 2017, 61% of U.S. consumers were aware of Small Business Saturday, and 82% of those folks planned to shop locally or online on the day.
The most important thing you need to ask yourself as a small business owner:
Is your small business ready to receive the traffic on Small Business Saturday?
How did Small Business Saturday begin?
Over the last few decades, the big holiday consumer event known as Black Friday grew to strongly favor big-box stores, and small businesses could hardly compete on their own.
In 2010, American Express launched the first Small Business Saturday as an initiative to refocus holiday spending on small and local businesses. By 2011, the United States Senate unanimously passed a resolution supporting Small Business Saturday, and in 2012, President Obama championed the event for the United States. Today, Small Business Saturday has become a staple in the American holiday shopping. But that doesn’t mean the holiday needs to be confined to just the United States. Small businesses everywhere can tap into the ever-growing support for independent business success around the world.
If you’re a customer-facing small business owner—even if you aren’t a retail business—you can still benefit from Small Business Saturday. Throughout the rest of this post, you’ll find tips and examples of creative small business promotion strategy to prepare your business for the big day. You’ll learn how to make sure your small business is armed to collect all your in-store and online customer leads throughout the entire holiday shopping weekend, and how to make the most of them throughout the new year.
Small Business Saturday is an American shopping holiday held on the Saturday after US Thanksgiving during one of the busiest shopping periods of the year.
Small Business Saturday is a day designed to bring awareness to locally-owned businesses and the impact they have on their communities and the economy.
Share your story!
If you are a small wedding business you’ll want to check out these three ways to celebrate and showcase your business on Small Business Saturday:
1. Start today by writing a few articles about your small business and posting them on Wedding Expo Online. Remember: November 30th will be here before you know it. Wedding Expo Online will help share and promote your articles!
2. Start promoting early. Wedding Expo Online is a great place to promote your articles, gallery pictures and vidoes of your products, and your website or local business events.
3. Create a special offer. Aren’t you more likely to visit a store (or website) or make a purchase when you’re offered a deal, like 30% off, or 2-for-1? And during the holidays, it’s often the only reason to shop somewhere, since sales are everywhere. Chances are, this is true for your customers, too. Creating a special offer for SBS doesn’t have to be hard. In fact, some of the most common campaigns that businesses we surveyed have used are also simple to put together:
Coupon/promo code: Offer customers a coupon or promotional code they can redeem at checkout. This limits the number of people who can cash in on your sale.
Limited time offer: Try offering a sale that lasts for only a specific length of time. You could offer a deal for the entire day of SBS or even a flash sale that only lasts for a few hours. This creates a sense of urgency and encourages customers to act fast.
Buy-one-get-one (BOGO): Pay full price for 1 item and get the second free or at a steep discount.
Shipping: If you sell products online, consider offering free shipping specifically on Small Business Saturday, or on orders of $50 or more throughout the holiday season. Who doesn’t want to save money where they can?
Discount on future purchases: By providing customers with a coupon that doesn’t go into effect until a later date, it encourages them to repeat their business with you a separate time, or even give their coupon to someone else (another prospect for you!) to benefit from.
Once you create your offer be sure to submit it on the events page and in your gallery.
3. Prepare your inventory. Be sure you are stocked up on your best sellers or have a game plan to let your customers know that their products will be made at time of purchase. If you have your policies in place, your customers will understand if it will take a few days/weeks to receive their order.
4. All small business owners that are members of Wedding Expo Online will receive a placement spot on the ‘Small Business Saturday’ webpage on their site. You won’t want to miss out on this great advertising option.
Don’t know where to start? Start here . . .
Our Vendors Lounge is for all of our vendor members to help them with marketing their business on our site, to showcase their business and connect with engaged couples.