Getting Married In Washington D.C.?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Washington D.C.
Washington D.C. State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Washington D.C is the beautiful American Beauty Rose. (Pictured above)
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Washington D.C., you must first apply for a wedding license at the Marriage Bureau.
Marriage license fee: $45
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Washington D.C.: Age 18
- There is NO waiting period.
- The wedding license does not expire.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are not required in Washington D.C.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security number/card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
The warmest summer temperatures during the summer are felt along the coast, with July temperatures between 70F and 85F. Summertime is the most popular time for weddings in Virginia. The beaches get crowded so be sure to plan well in advance if you having a beachside wedding in the nearby states.
January temperatures average between 19F to 42F. Plan on snow during the winter months.
Fall season has the perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold.
The sunny weather of the spring means postcard perfect pictures.
Popular Washington D.C. Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Washington D.C. choose to have a semi-formal wedding.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- Washington D.C. engaged couples choose a church for their indoor weddings.
- Tradition in Washington D.C. is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Vineyards and public parks are popular for engaged couples when they say, “I Do”.