Getting Married In Washington?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Washington.
Washington State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Washington is the beautiful Coast Rhododendron. (Pictured above)
Coast Rhododendron flower blooming period is May through June.
Washington State Fruit
Do you want to use the state fruit in your wedding dessert?
State Fruit: Apple
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Washington, you must first apply for a wedding license from any county seat County Auditors office.
Marriage license fee: Fees vary by each county in the state of Washington for a marriage license. Marriage license fees are required at the time of application.
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Washington: Age 18
- There is 3-day waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 60 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are required in the State of Washington at the ceremony.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security number/card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
July and August are the only two months in the year when it probably won’t rain. The temperatures are normally in the 70F’s and blue skies make it popular for summer weddings. Summer temperatures can sore into the upper 80F’s and 90F’s in late August.
December and January receives the most rain. Late fall and early winter brings temperatures into the low 50F’s. The snowfall accumulates the most in the mountains in the winter months.
September will still have clear skies. Summer normally ends in early October and fall sets in with lower temperatures and rain.
April showers sure do bring May flowers and more May rain. With all the rain that is falling on Washington during the spring months the green scenery is amazing to see during the early summer months.
Popular Washington Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Washington choose to have an outdoor wedding.
- Golf courses in Washington are a perfect choice for outdoor venues.
- With the many mountains and volcanoes, your guests will surely enjoy some site seeing the days before or after the wedding.
- Tradition in Washington is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Seattle and Spokane are the two most popular cities to get married.
- Summer beachside weddings are popular for many engaged couples in Washington.