Getting Married In Vermont?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Vermont.
Vermont State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Vermont is the beautiful Red Clover. (Pictured above)
Vermont State Fruit
Do you want to use the state fruit in your wedding dessert?
State Fruit: Apple
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Vermont, you must first apply for a wedding license at a City/Town Clerk’s office.
Marriage license fee: $45
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Vermont: Age 16
- There is NO waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 60 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are NOT required in the State of Vermont.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security number/card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
Summer temperatures are warm and humid in August. Average highs are around 80F, between June and August. Rain is frequent during the summer months.
Winters are very cold in Vermont. The weather can be either beautiful snowy white or wet and icy. Between December and February the temperature stays in the upper 20F’s.
Fall starts early in Vermont, with 70F degree weather in September, but drops to the upper 50F’s by October. The leaves usually reach their peak color around the middle of October.
Springtime in Vermont comes late and typically only lasts just one or two weeks. At the end of May, the daytime highs are in the 60F’s. The Melting snow and ice create a muddy mess until June when the weather starts to warm and dries things out.
Popular Vermont Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Vermont choose a semi-formal or formal wedding.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- A rustic mountain wedding is very popular in Vermont.
- Tradition in Vermont is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Burlington an Montpelier are the two most popular cities to get married.
- Edible favors are popular among wedding guests in Vermont.