Getting Married In Texas?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Texas.
Texas State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Texas is the beautiful Bluebonnet. (Pictured above)
Texas State Nut
Do you want to use the state nut in your wedding dessert?
State Nut: Pecan
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Texas, you must first apply for a wedding license in any county at the County Clerk’s office.
Marriage license fee: $71 to $88, varying by county.
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Texas: Age 16
- The county Clerk is responsible for issuing marriage licenses in the state of Alabama.
- There is 72-hour waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 90 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are not required in the State of Texas.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security number/card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
Summers are very hot throughout the state in Texas. High humidity are very stuffy in the southern regions. Daytime summer high temperatures are around 90F between June and August. Thunderstorms are very common in the summer months.
Winter months have cool weather, rarely cold. Texas beaches are still popular in the Winter because of the mild winter weather. Daytime highs in the winter are 50F. Snow is possible in the hills of west Texas.
November temperatures are around 70F, which makes the weather very pleasant for a fall wedding. Fall time is the busy wedding season in Texas. By October the temperatures drop and the weather air is fairly dry. Beach weddings are also popular in the Fall season as well.
An average of 139 tornadoes hit between April and June each year, primarily in north Texas and the panhandle. Thunderstorms are very common in the spring months also.
Popular Texas Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Texas choose to have a casual wedding.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- Country weddings with attire of boots and jeans are a Texas tradition. Some brides even wear boots under their wedding dress.
- Tradition in Texas is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and Lubbock are the most popular cities to get married.
- It’s not uncommon to see a good ole country BBQ at the reception after the “I Do’s”.