Getting Married In Oregon?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Oregon.
Oregon State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Oregon is the beautiful Oregon Grape. (Pictured above)
Oregon State Fruit
Do you want to use the state fruit in your wedding dessert?
State Fruit: Pear
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Oregon, you must first apply for a wedding license at any County Clerk’s office. You can fill out the application online in advance through many County Clerk’s websites.
Marriage license fee: $60
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Oregon: Age 18
- There is 3 day waiting period.
- The wedding license valid for 60 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- 2 witnesses are required in the State of Oregon.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security number/card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
From June through September the temperature stays close to 78F. It can rain in the summer, but not often. You can count on blue skies during the summer. The beaches are popular during the summer months.
December through March have daytime highs around 50F, with a few days of snowfall each year. Winter brings snow to the ski resorts but in the valleys the snow doesn’t really stick around.
The fall months is when the rain starts to set in. The color of the trees and landscape start to change.
Spring is a very unpredictable season. The downside to the spring rain in Oregon is that if often lingers as a misty spray for days on end.
Popular Oregon Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Oregon choose to get married in an indoor venue.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- Public gardens and golf courses are wonderful wedding venues in Oregon.
- Tradition in Oregon is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Portland, Salem and Eugene are the three most popular cities to get married.
- Beaches are an easy drive for your guests if you are wanting a coastal wedding.