Getting Married In Nebraska?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Nebraska.
Nebraska State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Nebraska is the beautiful Goldenrod. (Pictured above)
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Nebraska, you must first apply for a wedding license in person at your local County Clerk’s office.
Marriage license fee: $25 and $9 for the certified copy for a total of $34.
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Nebraska: Age 17
- Be sure to contact you local county clerk’s office well in advance of the wedding to find out on what days and during what hours the clerk will be in the office.
- There is NO waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 1 year from the date of issuance.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- 2 Witnesses are required in the State of Nebraska.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties must provide a Certified Birth Certificate.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
Summers are reliably hot and humid with frequent thunderstorms. Daytime highs between June and August average around 80F. Humidity is very high during the summer. If you are having an outdoor wedding be sure to check your weather forecast since Nebraska can average 45 tornadoes every year.
Winters are harsh with the weather being very cold and snowy. Daytime temperatures rarely get above 30F. The nighttime temperatures drops below freezing.
From September through the end of October the weather cools off and the weather is a perfect 70 degrees with little rain. You’ll enjoy blue skies, changing tree colors and the beautiful landscape Nebraska has to offer.
Spring temperatures are excellent and the land is a beautiful green color. Since the humidity doesn’t kick in yet during the Springtime, weddings are very popular during this time.
Popular Nebraska Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Nebraska choose to have a formal wedding.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- Vineyards are very popular for wedding venues in Nebraska, as well as farms.
- Tradition in Nebraska is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Omaha, Lincoln and Kearney are the three most popular cities to get married.
- With the miles and miles of rivers in Nebraska, you will definitely have some pretty postcard perfect pictures.