Getting Married In Maryland?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Maryland.
Maryland State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Maryland is the beautiful Black-eyed Susan. (Pictured above)
Also called Gloriosa Daisy .
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Maryland, you must first apply for a wedding license from the Circuit Court Clerk’s office.
Marriage license fee: $35-$85, varying by county.
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Maryland: Age 18
- Marriage license can be obtained from the Circuit Court Clerk’s office in the county where the marriage is to take place regardless of the residency of the couple to be married.
- There is 48-hour waiting period in the state of Maryland.
- The wedding license is valid for 6 months.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are not required in the State of Maryland.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
Weather can be humid and hot during the summer. Average high temperatures during the day are around 85F. Beach resorts are popular for summer weddings.
If you like the snow and colder weather, Winter will bring postcard perfect pictures of your wedding. Indoor venues are a must during the winter months. The lows can get to 25F.
Less than half of engaged couples in Maryland choose to have a fall wedding. Be prepared for heavy rains and high winds during late summer and early fall.
About a quarter of engaged couples in Maryland decide to have a Spring wedding. The weather is still really cool and rainfall is known for the Spring time. Your guests can get great pricing on Bed & Breakfasts if they coming from out of town.
Popular Maryland Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Maryland choose to have a semi-formal or formal wedding.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- Country clubs are a popular venue for weddings in Maryland.
- Tradition in Maryland is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Baltimore, Columbia and Annapolis are the three most popular cities to get married.
- Blue crab is the food of Maryland and very popular for food choice at the reception.