Getting Married In Florida?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Florida.
Florida State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Florida is the beautiful Orange Blossom. (Pictured above)
The Orange Blossoms bloom during the spring.
Florida State Fruit
Do you want to use the state fruit in your wedding dessert?
State Fruit: Orange
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Florida, you must first apply for a wedding license at any county clerk office.
Marriage license fee: $93.50 or $61.00 if premarital preparation course has been taken.
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Florida: Age 18
- Florida residence who have completed a premarital preparation course and can provide completion certificates will only be required to pay $61 fee and the 3 day waiting period will be waived.
- Engaged couples must read the “Family Law Handbook”. This is required by law.
- There is a 3 day waiting period for Florida residence. There is no waiting period for non-residence.
- The wedding license is valid for 30 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are not required in the State of Florida.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
The summer months are known for the months with the most rain. Hurricane season is something to watch for during the summer months as well. With the humidity during the summer, an indoor wedding is best if you choose to have a summer wedding.
Winter months can get quite chilly in Florida. November and December are great times for a Florida wedding.
September through November are popular wedding months. The temperatures are cooling off but still sunny and warm.
Springtime is wedding season in Florida. The weather is sunny, but not too hot with a small chance of rain at times.
Popular Florida Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples in Florida choose to get married in a church or local venue.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- Since Florida is so close to the coast, nautical themed weddings are very popular.
- Tradition in Florida is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Florida Keys are the popular cities to get married in Florida.
- About a quarter of the weddings in Florida are held at the beach when they say, “I Do”.