Getting Married In Connecticut?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Connecticut.
Connecticut State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Connecticut is the beautiful Mountain Laurel. (Pictured above)
Mountain Laurel blooms between May and June..
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Connecticut, you must first apply for a wedding license at the municipal clerk’s office in the town where the marriage will be performed.
Marriage license fee: $30
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Connecticut: Age 16
- The Municipal Clerk’s office responsible for issuing marriage licenses in the state of Connecticut.
- You can obtain a marriage license in the town where the marriage will be performed.
- Couples are advised to apply for their marriage license about two weeks before the ceremony
- There is NO waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 65 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are not required in the State of Connecticut.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
June is the most popular time of year in Connecticut to get married. The weather is warm, but the extreme heat of the summer has not yet arrived. July and August are the hottest months of the year.
With temperatures in the 30’s during the winter months. Indoor holiday weddings can be quite beautiful during winter.
September is when the temperatures start to fall. The weather cools off and the leaves start to change color. With less chance of thunderstorms in the September, this can be a beautiful time of year for an outdoor wedding.
Spring is a beautiful time to get married in Connecticut. May weather is warmer, and the spring flowers are in full bloom. It’s a great time of year for an outdoor wedding.
Popular Connecticut Wedding Traditions
- Almost half of engaged couples in Connecticut choose to have an outdoor wedding.
- Mansions are a popular venue for Connecticut weddings, as well as rustic barn weddings.
- Semi-formal weddings are the popular choice for attire.
- Tradition in Connecticut is to incorporate the state dance into the wedding, which is square dancing.
- Bridgeport, New Haven and Stamford are the three most popular cities to get married.
- Late Spring and early Summer weddings are popular at the beach.