Getting Married In Colorado?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Colorado.
Colorado State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Colorado is the beautiful Columbine Flower or Rocky Mountain Columbine-White . (Pictured above)
The Columbine flower is very fragrant and typically blooms in the months of April thru June.
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Colorado, you must first apply for a wedding license at any in-state county clerk office.
Marriage license fee: $30
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Colorado: Age 18
- The County Clerk’s office is responsible for issuing marriage licenses in the state of Colorado.
- You can obtain a marriage license from any county in the State of Colorado regardless of where you live, or where you are getting married.
- There is NO waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 35 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are not required in the State of Colorado.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security card.
- Parents’ names and current address must be listed on the application form.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
The summer weather normally has low humidity, making for beautiful, sun-filled days and cool, comfortable evenings. The average daily temperature in August is a 86F.
Winters are mild with an average daily high temperature of 45F. Snow doesn’t stay long on the ground.
Colorado can see their first snowfall around September with temperatures ranging between 30F-75F.
Average daytime temperature in the Spring is 60F-65F.
Popular Colorado Wedding Traditions
- Popular venues with mountain views are popular for Colorado weddings.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- A high percentage of Colorado engaged couples choose to have formal and/or semi-formal weddings.
- Tradition in Colorado is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Denver, Colorado Springs and Boulder are the three most popular cities to get married.
- The scenery in Colorado will make your wedding photos postcard perfect.