Getting Married In California?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in California.
California State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of California is the beautiful Golden Poppy. (Pictured above)
Golden poppy is most popular between April and May.
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of California, you must first apply for a wedding license at any in-state county clerk office.
Marriage license fee: Fees vary by each county in the state of California for a marriage license. Marriage license fees are required at the time of application.
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in California: Age 18
- The County Clerk’s office is responsible for issuing marriage licenses in the state of California.
- You can obtain a marriage license from any county in the State of California regardless of where you live, or where you are getting married.
- There is NO waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 90 days.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are required in the state of California. One witness must be present at the time of applying for a marriage license.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security card.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
Summers in California are quite hot. Coastal weddings are popular during the summer months.
During the winter months the closer you are to the ocean or the closer you are to desert, the colder it will be at night. If you are having an outdoor winter wedding ceremony then you might want to have your reception indoors.
Spontaneous rainfall is expected during the fall months in California.
The majority of California’s spring days are warm and sunny.
Popular California Wedding Traditions
- California weddings are even across the board with the type of wedding you might want to choose. A barn wedding, beach wedding, or at your favorite venue.
- Indoor wedding venues are just as popular as outdoor venues.
- A quarter of California engaged couples choose to have a formal wedding.
- Tradition in California is that the bride’s family pays for the wedding.
- Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara and Palm Springs are the most popular cities to get married.
- A lot of California engaged couples choose to make their own wedding traditions.