Getting Married In Arizona?
Information you might want to know if you are getting married in Arizona.
Arizona State Flower
Do you want to use the state flower in your wedding bouquet?
The state flower of Arizona is the beautiful Saguaro flower. (Pictured above)
Saguaro flowers are waxy and very fragrant. Saguaro is also called Saguaro.
Saguaro flowers bloom in May and June.
Getting Your Marriage License
If you are getting married in the sate of Arizona, you must first apply for a wedding license at any of the Justice Court offices.
Marriage license fee: Marriage license fee in Arizona is $78.
- Minimum age to get a marriage license in Arizona: Age 18
- To obtain a marriage license in the state of Arizona, an engaged couple must appear in person together at one of the Justice Court offices.
- There is NO waiting period.
- The wedding license is valid for 12 months.
- There is NO blood test required.
- Residency is NOT required.
- Witnesses are not required in the State of Arizona.
- Both parties need to be present to apply in person.
- Both parties need to provide a valid form of I.D.
- Both parties need to provide a valid Social Security card.
You can check most recent updated laws here.
Plan Your Wedding According To Your Favorite Season
Summers tend to be quite hot in Arizona. Temperatures average 100+ degrees during June, July, August and sometimes even into the early part of September. With the hot temperatures, only a small fraction of the engaged couples decide to get married in the summer months.
Temperatures are usually in the 60’s and 70’s during the winter months. Winter is the time of year when rain is the heaviest in Arizona. Even though rainfall is the heaviest in the winter months, Arizona receives an inch or less of rain each month.
THE FALL MONTHS
October fall weather is an average of 89 degrees for the high and 64 degrees for the low. Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons of the year in Arizona. Most engaged couples choose to have a spring or fall wedding.
SUNNY/ WARM SPRINGS
Spring weddings are popular in Arizona. There are very narrow windows where it’s not really hot during the day, or surprisingly chilly at night. A late February or early March is the perfect time of year to hold your wedding.
Popular Arizona Wedding Traditions
- Most engaged couples plan for outdoor weddings in Arizona.
- Dress code for most Arizona weddings is on the formal side.
- Turquoise is a popular color for weddings.
- Popular wedding location in Arizona is to have a barn wedding.
- Phoenix and Tuscon are the two most popular cities to get married.
- City and Country weddings are equally popular.